delivered by Kutlwanong Maths, Science and Technology Centre. The programme, funded by Investec, provides extra Maths and Science classes to high school learners to boost their performance in these subjects. With a 13 year track record, Promaths produces learners who are proficient in Maths and Science as well as driven, ambitious students. Many of these students however are unable to secure bursaries to study further. The Promaths Bursary Fund is specifically designed for Promaths alumni who lack the funding to pursue a tertiary education.
- Provide bursaries to Promaths alumni who are academically and financially deserving and are currently registered at a South African tertiary institution.
- Improving their chances of completing their tertiary studies.
- Decrease the number of well deserving Promaths students who matriculate with good results and don’t continue their studies.
- Increase good role modelling within communities that Promaths operates in.
- The fund is a collaboration between all corporate, NGO’s and other entities that offer bursaries within rare skills courses.
- The fund operates independently, from its donors and partners.
- The fund is administered by StudyTrust, an independent bursary management organisation that has been in this space for 44 years, of which Investec has been in partnership for 12 years.
- StudyTrust will earn 10% to 15% of the disbursed funds in management fees.
- It is encouraged that the funders of the fund form an advisory committee that meets on advisory basis with the administering organisation.
Applications are open to:
- South African citizens.
- Those who have attended a Promaths or Kutlwanong centre across the country.
- Students who are accepted to study at a reputable tertiary institution for a rare skills degree or national diploma in South Africa.
Corporates and individuals can get involved in the following ways:
- Contribute to the trust for a specified number of bursaries for the duration of students university degree’s. (Individuals and Corporates).
- Sponsor a certain number of bursaries for a specialization of your choice i.e. medicine, aviation, engineering, commerce, etc. (Corporates).
- Pledge to sponsor a number of individuals (Individuals and Corporates).
- Contribute what they can to the trust (Individuals and Corporates).
CLOSING DATE 27 DECEMBER 2019