Be prepared to participate in Work Integrated Learning (WIL) in shifts which will include public holidays, weekends and nights in Gauteng Department of Health hospitals and clinics as part of the program requirements.
Applicants are encouraged to apply to Gauteng College of Nursing in order to receive a 2020 nursing degree at one of the college campuses:• Ann Latsky Nursing Campus • Chris Hani Baragwanath Nursing Campus • SG Lourens Nursing Campus • Bonalesedi Nursing Campus.
Please note the following to apply successfully and be considered for the training:
• You must register a profile on the system before you can apply.
• You must be in possession of one of the following school certificates – a Senior Certificate, a National Senior Certificate, currently in Grade 12 or a National Occupational Certificate in Primary Health
• Applications must be made on the GPG Professional Job Center system on or before 31 December; NO late applications will be accepted
• Certified documents will be loaded onto the system, but you will be required to take supporting documents to the selection center should you be shortlisted.
• No applications will be accepted by hand or by e-mail; all applications must be made on this website:
The following subject criteria are mandatory:
• Senior Certificate: English HG D or SG C, Biology HG D or SG C, mathematics HG D or SG C and an M score of 17
• Senior National Certificate: English level 4, life science level 4, mathematics level 4 or mathematical literacy level 5 and an APS of 27 or more (life orientation counts half the score)
• National vocational certificate: 50% in fundamental subjects (first additional language in English, mathematics / mathematical literacy, life orientation) and 60% in vocational subjects (SA health system, public health, human body and mind, and community) attention primary)
• Current 12th-grade students must meet the requirements of the Senior National Certificate in their 11th-grade final results.
Selected candidates must:
• Sign a contract with the Department of Health
• Participate in lectures
• Be prepared to participate in Work Integrated Learning (WIL) in shifts that include holidays, weekends and nights in hospitals and health centers in Gauteng, as part of the program requirements.
• Make sure you qualify and meet the minimum requirements before applying
• If you do not receive a response within three months of the closing date, agree that your application has not been successful.