The Southern Africa Litigation Centre (SALC) promotes and advances human rights and the rule of law in southern Africa, primarily through strategic litigation support and capacity building. SALC provides technical and monetary support to local and regional lawyers and organisations in litigating human rights and rule of law cases in the region. SALC also provides training in human rights and rule of law issues and facilitates networks of human rights lawyers and organisations throughout southern Africa.
SALC seeks to appoint a Finance Assistant to based in Johannesburg, South Africa.
The purpose of this position is to ensure effective financial controls and implementation of financial policies and procedures, managing financial resources and administrative functions. SALC promotes and advances human rights and the rule of law in southern Africa, primarily through strategic litigation support and capacity building. SALC works in Angola, Botswana, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Swaziland, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
- You will work closely with the Finance Manager, Executive and Litigation Directors to support management of financial operations and maintaining financial records. In particular, the Finance Assistant is responsible for:
- Timeous and accurate capturing of financial transactions in a project accounting system including cashbook, petty cash, credit card journals, payroll journals and general journals.
- Preparing reconciliations for balance sheet accounts as well as for project reports.
- Maintain filing.
- Assisting in audit preparations and during audits.
- Preparation of payment requisitions and ensuring all supporting documents are in place before submitting for payment.
- Assisting third party service with collating invoices for VAT returns filing.
- Preparation of ad hoc management information.
- Assisting with other administrative tasks as required.
- A diploma in Accounting, Business or Finance;
- Proven track record of experience in non-profit financial management with at least 2 years of progressive work experience in donor funded projects.
- Proficiency with financial software packages: Sage Evolution
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Excel
Interested applicants should send a letter of interest and a detailed CV to email@example.com by 06 July 2020. In the subject line of your e-mail, please insert “Application: Finance Assistant position”.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application – www.sendyourcv.co.za
Please include 3 references, one of which should be an external auditor at your current position.
For more about the Southern Africa Litigation Centre, refer to www.southernafricalitigationcentre.org