This program is a 12-month management program, designed to take managers at various levels of management through 24 different courses. These courses are designed in such a way that the employee will gain a much better understanding of certain key managerial elements (outlined below) which are pertinent for businesses and organizations today. These 24 courses can also be done as an accredited Learnership, with various contact session options. Upon successful completion of the Learnership, the learner will receive an NQF Level 5 Certificate.
Delivery of this learnership
Speccon can deliver this program in various ways; to suit the client’s needs as well as possible. We can deliver this as a non-accredited course or a full Learnership, we can also options regarding contact sessions, facilitation etc. depending on the company and the learner’s individual preferences. Contact us to discuss how best we can accommodate your requirements.
Learning material can be delivered through e-Learning. This includes both videos and reading content. The learning material can also be printed and stored in a hardcopy format. For an additional facilitation fee, Speccon can provide some of the best management trainers in the country to facilitate all or certain of the modules. Our clients can choose which modules they would like to have presented, Speccon will then engage the best trainer for each module requested.
Assessments are done in three ways.
Firstly, the learner completes a formative practical to ensure they understand the content.
Next, the learner writes an online examination and performs multiple workplace practical tasks to apply their knowledge.
Thirdly, the learner must provide proof that they have applied the content in different working environments. This needs to be signed off by the learner’s manager or supervisor to confirm that it is genuine.
Benefits of this NQF 5 Learnership
Speccon is confident that this management program is one the best in South Africa. The content is detailed and comprehensive and covers every aspect of the various topics. The learner will be able to apply the principles learned and understand how to improve their work as a current or future manager.
Courses / Unit standards
|Core||252020||Create and manage an environment that promotes innovation|
|Core||252021||Formulate recommendations for a change process|
|Core||252025||Monitor, assess and manage risk|
|Core||252027||Devise and apply strategies to establish and maintain workplace relationships|
|Core||252029||Lead people development and talent management|
|Core||252032||Develop, implement and evaluate an operational plan|
|Core||252034||Monitor and evaluate team members against performance standards|
|Core||252035||Select and coach first line managers|
|Core||252037||Build teams to achieve goals and objectives|
|Core||252043||Manage a diverse work force to add value|
|Core||252044||Apply the principles of knowledge management|
|Elective||10048||Identify brand mix elements|
|Elective||114226||Interpret and manage conflicts within the workplace|
|Elective||12140||Recruit and select candidates to fill defined positions|
|Elective||15224||Empower team members through recognizing strengths, encouraging participation in decision making and delegating tasks|
|Elective||252031||Apply the principles and concepts of emotional intelligence to the management of self and others|
|Elective||252041||Promote a learning culture in an organization|
|Fundamental||120300||Analyze leadership and related theories in a work context|
|Fundamental||12433||Use communication techniques effectively|
|Fundamental||252022||Develop, implement and evaluate a project plan|
|Fundamental||252026||Apply a systems approach to decision making|
|Fundamental||252036||Apply mathematical analysis to economic and financial information.|
|Fundamental||252040||Manage the finances of a unit|
|Fundamental||252042||Apply the principles of ethics to improve organizational culture|
The program is broken into 6 modules.
Communication Techniques (click here to view topics)
- Interpret and manage conflicts within the workplace
- Use communication techniques effectively
Monitor Team Effectiveness (click here to view topics)
- Monitor and evaluate team members against performance standards
- Apply the principles of ethics to improve organizational culture
Improve Team Effectiveness (click here to view topics)
- Create and manage an environment that promotes innovation
- Lead people development and talent management
- Select and coach first-line managers
- Build teams to achieve goals and objectives
- Recruit and select candidates to fill defined positions
- Empower team members through recognizing strengths, encouraging participation in decision making and delegating tasks
- Apply the principles and concepts of emotional intelligence to the management of self and others
- Promote a learning culture in an organization
Improve Workplace relationships (click here to view topics)
- Formulate recommendations for a change process
- Devise and apply strategies to establish and maintain workplace relationships
- Manage a diverse workforce to add value
- Analyze leadership and related theories in a work context
Manage Finance (click here to view topics)
- Monitor, assess and manage risk
- Apply the principles of knowledge management
- Apply a systems approach to decision making
- Apply mathematical analysis to economic and financial information.
- Manage the finances of a unit
- Identify brand mix elements
Project Planning (click here to view topics)
- Develop, implement and evaluate an operational plan
- Develop, implement and evaluate a project plan