At ProServ South Africa, we aim to close the gaps between private sector needs, and skills offered by graduates.
ProServ South Africa tailors solutions for new entrants into the World of Work, focusing on providing a platform into the job market for matriculants, university and college graduates. We prepare 3 to 12 month programmes with a structured curriculum where individuals combine work with practical-focused learning in a learnership format.
We believe that a properly prepared and supported workplace is the key to the success of our programmes and high permanent placement rates of learners involved in the programme. Since almost 80% of the practical learning programme is implemented in the workplace, we ensure that our support structures specifically focus on turning work environments into effective learning environments. We support host companies and clients in creating constructive workplace environments for new job market entrants. Our guided, end-to-end solutions approach for organisations and learners are exceedingly successful, leading to a high percentage of learners placed in permanent employment.
Minimum Entry Requirements:
- Applicant must be unemployed for at least a period of six months at date of application.
- Applicant must be a South African citizen.
- Applicant must never have been in permanent employment and/or participated in a learnership programme before.
- Applicant should not be currently studying.
- Applicant must not have been previously employed within the FirstRand Group, or participated on previous intakes of the FirstJob programme.
- Learners must have obtained a Matric certificate.
- Applicants that wish to apply must have passed English, Math or Math Literacy with 34% or Higher.
As a host employer your roles responsibilities and investment require that you:
- Manage and mentor delegates
- Provide the relevant business tools and workplace environment so that delegates can apply and practice the skills learnt during training
- Follow standard HR legal practices
- Align delegate job roles to the qualification
- Make assessment and meeting venues available, when necessary
- Invest a stipend top-up of between R1 500 and R2 500 per month, per delegate for the full duration of the programme.
Kindly ensure that all the requested information is current, particularly the correct spelling of your email address.