To develop learner competence (i.e. broad knowledge, skills and values) in performing phlebotomy techniques within a medical pathology environment.
Minimum Criteria Required:
Grade 12 with English, Mathematics and Biology D symbol
0-1 Yrs Relevant Working Experience
Relevant Job Knowledge:
Phlebotomy procedures and processes
Key Performance Areas:
A Phlebotomy Technician is trained to draw blood and collect specimens from patient or donors.
Phlebotomy learners attend structured learning programmes including theory and practical training.
After successful completion of the 24 month training programme and the HPCSA board examination, the learner will be able to register with the HPCSA as a qualified Phlebotomy Technician enabling them to be employed in Medical pathology laboratories and blood donation organisations.
- Attends formal training programme including lectures, practical training and submission of assignments.
- Writing of Health Professions Council (HPCSA) board examination.
- Meet contractual obligations of Learnership appointment.
- Collection of venous and capillary blood and non-blood specimens for medical and blood donation purposes.
- Implements sound housekeeping procedures in accordance with relevant legislation and all safety protocols.
- Represents the organisation by applying the principles of customer care.
Learners are to make their own arrangements with regards to accommodation, transport and food.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to undergo a pre-assessment.
Ability to cope with nervous / distressed patients
Attention To Detail
Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
Compensation is commensurate with qualification and experience level.
- Closing date: 31-07-2020