YES – Youth Opportunity – Gauteng
Job ID: 6723
Position Type: Contract
Job Function: Retail Stores
Workplace Type: Stores
Division: Not Indicated
Location: Johannesburg Central
Suburb: Other Not on list
As part of the public-private initiative lead by the Presidency to address the youth unemployment crisis in our country, TFG is creating work opportunities for unemployed youth in South Africa. We invite young South Africans, who are hungry to enter the job market, to get a chance at a life-changing first work experience in our exciting retail environment!
- Being an ambassador for our TFG brands and offering amazing retail experiences to our customers.
- Exceed Customer expectations by identifying and providing them with the best possible service.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of our diverse product range and keeping up to date with the latest décor and fashion trends.
- Searching out opportunities for making new sales.
- Actively achieving sales targets, while keeping track of sales performance against target.
To be Eligible for this program, you must meet the following requirements:
- Aged between 18 to 29 years old Matric (Preferable)
- Available and willing to work a fixed term 12 month contract
- Should not have been employed permanently with a single employer continuously for more than 1 year
- Should not be studying full time in the year of employment (April 21 – March 22)
- Should not have participated / registered on the YES programme before
- Accommodation and transportation for the applicants own account (if applicable)
- Competencies and behaviours for success.
- High energy Positive attitude Hungry for opportunity
- Willingness to learn and contribute to the success of the store by participating in all store retail activities
Applicants will go through a recruitment process, and if successful, be placed in host stores across TFG’s retail brands.